STA212-S1-2019/20 – Principle of Statistics for Physical Sciences (COLNAS 2)
UPGRADE COURSE: You can upgrade the course to have full access to LIVE CLASS, RECORDED VIDEOS, ASSIGNMENTS, CURRICULUM, STUDENTS FORUM, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Instructors: Chinaegbomkpa Umezurike ;
Email: c. [email protected]
Virtual Classroom and Time: http://hostclass.net.zoom.us
Meeting ID:, Passcode:
STA 200 covers areas in frequency distribution tables, diagrammatical representations of data (Charts, Histogram, Ogive etc). Measure of central tendency, fractile and dispersion, Elementary probability and special probability distributions like binomial distribution, Poisson distribution, geometric distribution, hypergeometric distribution and chi-square distribution. It also covers measures of association like Regression and correlation.
The technologies we will use for this course include internet access to http://hostclass.academy.zoom.us and to Hostclass platform These sites require a Hostclass login and a stable internet connectivity, though they can operate on low bandwidth (e.g. minimum of 600 kbits/sec is typically sufficient, if this minimum bandwidth is stable). Please check availability in your current location.
Course Guidelines and materials, Open/Close times
This online course is built on a bi-weekly framework of material. Notes and class recordings will typically be posted during the week. Assignments may be completed and submitted at any time during the week they are due.
Posted course materials, including slide for the lectures, and recordings of the synchronous lectures, will remain open throughout the month. In this fashion, students who are unable to attend the lectures for technical or personal reasons, such as unexpected difficulties with information technology, personal or family illness, or the need to become a family caretaker, will have access to all the same class materials as students who attend the lectures.
• In your browser window, type the URL http://hostclass.academy and press return. You will be taken to the Hostclass platform Login page.
• Click the Login button. You will be taken to a login screen. Type in your MSU NetID (or Community ID). In the Password box, type your password. Click the “Login”. You will be taken to your Hostclass platform My Home page.
• If you have forgotten your MSU NetID password: https://netid.msu.edu/netid/password/index.html.
• Help Desk at MSU Distance Learning Services: Local: (517) 432-6200 or Toll Free: (844) 678-6200 (North America and Hawaii)
• Help Desk at MSU Distance Learning Services: Go to HELP in the main toolbar, then under NEED HELP? click on the Hostclass platform Contact Form. Complete and submit the form. You should receive a response within 2 hours.
Attendance is expected and encouraged in all Monday and Wednesday lectures, but is not required. Excuses for absences are not required. Friday class time is reserved for each of the instructors to engage in office hours in a virtual group setting with students from their respective sessions.
Feedbacks and Communications
• All course announcements will be made in the http://hostclass.academy.zoom.us or Hostclass platform. Please check Hostclass platform regularly, and please view the lecture recordings when you miss a lecture.
• The best way to contact your instructors is via their work emails: [email protected] and [email protected] . Please give us typically up to 24 hours for email response. Response times may be longer over weekends.
• Please *do not* reply to mass emails sent via Hostclass platform, you should create an email with a new subject line if and when you wish to respond to mass emails.
There will be two assignments for monthly and they will be submitted on or before the specified due date. All homework are to be turned in on Hostclass platform.
The schedule below is **tentative and subject to change**. It is given as an indication of pace only.
Week 01: Frequency distribution
Week 02: Charts (1)
Week 03 : Charts (2)
Week 04: Measure of central tendency (1)
Week 05: Measure of central tendency (2)
Week 06: Measure of dispersion (1)
Week 07: Measure of dispersion (1)
Week 08: Measure of central tendency (2)
Week 09: Correlation analysis
Week 10: Regression Analysis
Week 11: Probability (1)
Week 12: Probability (2)
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level 200 level
- Language English
- Students 43
- Assessments Yes
Virtual Classes (Lectures)
- Week 01: Frequency distribution
- Week 02: Charts (1)
- Week 03 : Charts (2)
- Week 04: Measure of central tendency (1)
- Week 05: Measure of central tendency (2)
- Week 06: Measure of dispersion (1)
- Week 07: Measure of dispersion (1)
- Week 08: Measure of central tendency (2)
- Week 09: Correlation analysis
- Week 10: Regression Analysis
- Week 11: Probability (1)
- Week 12: Probability (2)